Friday, August 15, 2008

Decision '08: Sarah Connor, Chuck, or Gossip Girl?






Every year there's some sort of TV viewing conflict, and one show has to be picked over another. But I don't think there's ever been a season where three shows that I watched with regularity the year before have all been on at the same exact time. However, that's the case this year.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES, CHUCK, and GOSSIP GIRL will all air simultaneously this year at 7:00 on Monday Nights. My DVR is capable of recording two, so one's gotta go. I'm not into that downloading shit.

CHUCK seems like a shoe-in. It's probably the best of the three, and I don't see that changing much. TERMINATOR isn't the best show in the world, but I do like it quite a bit. And after all, it's TERMINATOR, so there's a certain amount of loyalty associated with that. Additionally Shirley Manson is a regular on the show this season, and that holds a certain appeal on numerous levels.

At first glance, GOSSIP GIRL is the odd man out. Truth be told, I haven't even watched the last four episodes of season one yet. But then I saw this on the side of a bus:


Apparently, this is their new ad campaign:


To take harsh criticism, and turn it into a positive:


I love it! I want to watch the show just to support this line of thinking. The best part is, GOSSIP GIRL has always been rather tame. There's no way it could possibly live up to the standards set by these ads. And yet, I'd like to see it try. Hence, my problem. Suggestions?

No comments: